Habitat for Humanity of Palm Beach County is looking for volunteer receptionists
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6758 North Military TrailWest Palm Beach, FL 33407
Come help an amazing organization at our office! Habitat for Humanity of Palm Beach County is looking for volunteers who welcome people to our office and can answer incoming phone calls. We are looking to fill this position for regular business hours (M-F, 8:30a-5p) with volunteers committing to fill one or multiple shifts each week. Depending on the reaction, we will hopefully divide the schedule up to an AM and PM shift each day. Besides the duties mentioned above, the accepted volunteers may be asked to help with other items (please see below). All Office Angels must pass a background check and sign a confidentiality agreement before being approved for the role.
- Greet clients and guests in a personal and professional manner.
- Answer and maintain multi-line phone system, screen calls, direct calls to appropriate departments.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail/parcels.
- Provides administrative and clerical assistance to Administrative Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Administrative Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- Display high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Multitasking skills for advanced multi-line phone system with 95% inbound handle rate.
- Ability to interact with current and future Habitat homeowners
- Must be able to operate office machines, i.e. copier, fax, printers, scanner, mail machine, etc. at expertise level
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office suite and web based programs
- Ability to sit stationary or walk and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to twist, turn, bend, stoop, climb, reach, push, pull and subject to environmental conditions, noise and hazards
- Typical office setting; limited travel may be required, moderate paced environment with medium-high stress based on multiple projects, deadlines, timelines and the need to react quickly and respond quickly
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Ability to work the same hours weekly.