Are you looking for something to do with your time? Do you want to make a difference in a person’s life? At Jewish Family Service (JFS) we provide you with many opportunities to help those in our community. So we are always in need of wonderful volunteers. We would like to extend the invitation to you! You do not need to be Jewish to participate; just willing to donate your time! While we serve community members of all ages, our volunteer opportunities mainly serve the Jewish community ages 60 and better.
- Friendly Visitor: Volunteers brighten the day of clients by offering weekly companionship to Jewish seniors in need of socialization and who are unable to travel to others.
- Handy Helper: Volunteers assist seniors with simple household repairs or tasks, as well as light seasonal yard work.
- Music & Memory: Music lovers who are tech-savvy are needed to download songs and to compile customized digital music playlists for clients participating in this program.
- Phone Buddy: Volunteers call elderly clients on a regular weekly basis for conversation, and to check on their welfare.
- Patient Advocate: Volunteers accompany Jewish seniors to a doctor’s appointment to provide support and aid in facilitating communication between doctor and client.
- Technology Assistance: Volunteers assist seniors with basic operation of computers, cell phones, etc.
You do not need to be Jewish in order to receive or provide these services. If you would like to be a part of the amazing group of volunteers or have other questions, please contact McKenzie Pittman.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
McKenzie Pittman, LSW
Volunteer Coordinator Phone: 419-724-0407
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Social Work
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training