Outreach Center Volunteers provide assistance at our new outreach center by answering calls, assisting with administrative tasks, working on special projects, and greeting clients coming to the center.
The shifts that we are looking for are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 11:00am-2:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm.
- Volunteer Requirements:
The role of volunteers at Safe Harbor is so important that there are a number of requirements for volunteering:
- Volunteers must complete a background investigation, which volunteers are asked to pay for if they have not lived in Utah for the past five years.
- 40-hours of volunteer training are required, which includes 20-hours of shadowing, as well as attendance at on-going training sessions.
- Volunteers must be over 18-years-old.
- Volunteers must comply with all Safe Harbor policies and procedures, including signing a confidentiality agreement.
- Given the investment of resources in our volunteers, we require a six-month volunteer commitment.
- Who Should Volunteer?
While our volunteers have a diverse array of strengths and motivations, the following qualities are especially important to your success as a volunteer at Safe Harbor Crisis Center:
- A desire to help others to help themselves.
- A clear sense of self. (Personal identity and individual value system.)
- Emotional maturity.
- Being non-judgmental; unconditional acceptance of others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Honesty with clients and your own feelings.
Note: We cannot accept volunteers with court mandated community service hours.
- Why should I volunteer at Safe Harbor?
As a Safe Harbor volunteer you know you are making a positive impact in your community and you will:
- Help Survivors of Violence: As a Safe Harbor volunteer you will ensure essential services to women, children, and men who are survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault. Your services can help these individuals rebuild their lives.
- Gain New Skills: Volunteering at Safe Harbor is an opportunity to build or develop your skill set. Our volunteers receive 40-hours of training!
- Network with Professionals: During your time at Safe Harbor you will establish connections with our professional staff and many other committed volunteers, which will help develop your connections in your community.
- Increase Your Happiness: Studies have shown that people who volunteer their time and services are happier than those who don’t. Build a happier life and brighter future for you, your community, and violence survivors.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months.