Help children experience the excitement and wonder of a birthday party at Butterfly Pavilion! Help staff set up for parties, greet families and guests, and interact with children, parents, and party guests. For those over 18, get trained to present an up-close animal experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Sets up and cleans up after birthday parties
- Greeting host families and guests
- Interacting with children, parents, and party guests in a child's birthday party setting.
- Assist with party facilitation to ensure that schedule is maintained
REQUIREMENTS & COMMITMENT:
- Requires availability on Saturdays and/or Sundays. Minimum of 4 hours per week for at least 6 months.
- Be able to attend required one-day Volunteer Orientation and Training on one of the following dates:
- Sunday, February 11, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday, April 7, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Thursday, June 7, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday, August 5, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday, September 8, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Have a fun and rewarding experience as a part of the Butterfly Pavilion team!
- Explore your interests, and learn about our invertebrate animals, their habitats, and their importance in the global environment.
- Receive quality training, ongoing support, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
- Receive invitations to engage with fellow staff and volunteers through Butterfly Pavilion meetings, social events, volunteer appreciation dinners, field trips, and more!
- Core Volunteers receive free admission to Butterfly Pavilion, annual guest passes for friends and family, and discounts on memberships, programs, and in our Gift Shop.
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE & APPLY:
***Please note that an application, interview and criminal background check are required in the selection process. Not all applicants will be selected.***
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours per week for at least 6 months.