Administrative Volunteer Job Description:
Job Title: Hospice Volunteer
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Supervises: This is a non-supervisory position
Position Summary: To assist the administrative staff with general office duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist staff with organizing, preparing and implementing mailings.
2. Assist staff with other administrative duties including filing, organizing, copying, maintaining of records/files etc. as requested and trained to perform.
3. Assist staff with answering incoming phone calls.
4. Maintain accurate records of time and documentation of all activities in a timely manner.
5. Maintain patient and office confidentiality and privacy according to policy
Degree of Travel: Regular travel to the office. Must have reliable transportation, liability insurance and a valid driver’s license.
Degree of Disruption of Routine: Must be able to adapt to needs of administrative staff.
11. Must be 18 years of age or older and demonstrate exceptional maturity
12. Commitment to the hospice philosophy and concept of care
13. Possess good interpersonal communication skills
14. Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team setting as well as independently
15. Possess good organizational skills with attention to detail
Training: Must have completed the hospice training and orientation course. Must attend required in-services as indicated by volunteer coordinator.
Language/Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to accurately interpret general requests from volunteer coordinator and administrative staff, related to job duties. Ability to find possible solutions to general administrative tasks and possess good reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training