Grant Writer for Kids Save Ocean Project
7 people are interested
Please see www.kidssaveocean.com to learn about our projects, which include a UN Children's conference, a mobile app to give kids a voice about the environment, and exhibitions. If you're inspired by our project and want to help it expand, please join us as a volunteer grant writer. We could really use your help.
The role of a grant writer/researcher is to work researching Foundations and other funding sources, and assist with writing and submitting grants, proposals, Foundation applications.
Time Commitment: Minimum 5 - 10 hours per week.
Job Duration: 3-6 month minimum
- Assist in conducting research of Government, private and Corporate Foundations looking for financial opportunities to support the Kids Save Ocean Project
- Maintain detailed contact information on all researched Foundations along with deadline dates for submissions to each Foundation
- Assist with the writing and submission of grant requests or Foundation applications
- Follow up with submissions in a timely manner
- Maintain close contact with Kids Save Ocean
- You may be required to do follow up telephone calls to Grant Foundations or organizations requesting specific information
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent Internet Explorer, Google or other search engines to research corporate or Government web sites
- Background in grant writing and/or research an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work and lead a team and to work independently
- Excellent creative and organizational skills
- Excellent business writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Office Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- 5 to 10 hours a week