Run Walk Events is looking for an enthusiastic individual who will help us to launch a new monthly fitness series in Sacramento. This series is a running event with a 5K, 10K and Kids Run. Our goal is on building community support for fitness - this series will be a benefit to adults of all ages and children too. Typically we start with a quarterly event with the option of taking it to a monthly event after one year. The Race Director’s pay will be paid based on a percentage of the proceeds (registration less expenses). Most of the remaining proceeds will go to local charity that is focused on childhood fitness. This is a part-time contract that pays based on milestones completed plus a percentage of net proceeds.
The following describes the ideal candidate for this position.
- Someone who buys into our mission which is to building community support for fitness and also raise funds for childhood fitness.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Someone who very interested in personal fitness.
- Coaching experience a plus.
- Someone with experience in project management, event planning or ideally race directing.
- Someone who is process oriented, who builds checklists and is always looking for ways to improve/simplify things.
- Someone who is a self-starter, motivated to build a large event and committed to pursue this enterprise for at least three years.
- Someone who is a connector - has a lot of committed friends who will help them by volunteering or simply getting the word out.
- Someone who is computer/internet savvy; has a laptop and knows how to use it.
- Someone who is a promoter, who can get the word out quickly and build momentum around this series.
- Someone who has a deep understanding of social media and the concept of social proof.
- Someone is organized who doesn’t lose track of important action items/has a system for tasks and contacts.Someone who has the time to commit and can be responsive to questions.
Please don't reply unless you have most or all of these skills, experience.
- Stability - As this is a part-time job, we are looking for someone who currently is retired or has a full-time or part-time job. It could take some time before this event gets going.
- Sports background - Are you a runner? Are you a personal trainer? Are you a coach or instructor? We are looking for someone who has a track record of passion in the areas of health and fitness.
- Event planning - Are you currently a event planner? Do you have experience as a Race Director?
- Have you coached or trained a group of kids or adults?
- >>> Also, we would appreciate short statement on how this position fits into your career goals.
About Run-Walk Events
Headquartered in Norco, CA, Run-Walk Events was originally created to host the Race Across the USA. A dozen runners ran a marathon a day (112 in total) from Huntington Beach, CA all the way to the White House in Washington DC four-and-a-half months later (3080 miles). Together, we visited over 5,000 students in 29 schools to challenge and encourage them it stay active and eat right. RWE is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation for the public benefit. All of our board members are unpaid volunteers. As a non-profit corporation for the public benefit, none of our board members are along to benefit personally from their affiliation with the organization. In addition to the Race Across the USA, we have created other events such as the 100 Mile Endurance Challenge and the Run4Kids 24 Hour Ultramarathon. Altogether, our organization has raised in excess of $76,000 to benefit childhood fitness.
Job Type: Contract (Yes, we pay a percentage of the net proceeds)
- Resource Development / Management
- Outdoor Recreation
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 5-10 hours per week