ChickTech is a multi-generational community supporting women and girls to become technology creators. We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, ChickTech builds community, empowers participants to see themselves as leaders, and provides networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry.
We are looking for a Operations Director for the local Portland chapter of ChickTech. This volunteer role would be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the chapter and in co-leading the chapter with the Chapter Director.
Our ideal Chapter Operations Director candidate will have:
· Experience with event planning and volunteer or staff management
· Experience with either nonprofits and/or the tech field
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating, and organizing work tasks
· Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
· A drive to improve the experience of girls and women in technology
Key Chapter Operations Director responsibilities include:
· Work with the Chapter Director to build, train, and lead the leadership team to achieve the ChickTech mission
· Run the day-to-day operations of the chapter, including:
o Organizing and facilitating leadership team meetings
o Attend all regional and national meetings
o Facilitating communication between leadership team members as needed
o Ensuring projects are implemented as planned
o Ensuring chapter expenses remain below income and on budget
o Ensuring programs are run efficiently and effectively while providing a high quality experience for participants and volunteers.
o Ensuring that programs are adequately staffed with volunteers and within guidelines.
o Creating quality contracts, proposals, reports, documents, and presentations as needed.
o Ensuring events, activities, and workshops are being documented by program managers to create replicable, high quality programs; provide reports to HQ on impact and activities as needed
· Create processes and procedures to ensure smooth operations
· Collaborate with Chapter Director to determine overall budget and annual planning
· Provide and oversee documentation to help identify best practices and keep the chapter in line with the organization’s mission and philosophy.
Note: In larger chapters, the Operations Director will build a team to help them with this role.
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week, possibly more in the run-up to our November kick-off event (August-October). This includes meetings, planning, and checking your ChickTech email at least three times a week to ensure that potential contacts are not waiting for communication. We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible. Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Finance Director - Orange County
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- Fundraising Event Chair - Orange...
- High School Kick-Off Setup and...
- High School Kickoff - ...
- High school kickoff Workshop TA...
- Workshop TA - High School...
- High School Kickoff - Workshop...
- Marketing Team - ChickTech Bay...
- High school kickoff - Workshop...
- Graphic Design/Photography...
- Marketing Co-Director - Orange...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...