Who We Are:
Community Learning Center's mission is to help low-income adults in Philadelphia gain academic and employment skills so that they can realize their fullest potential at home and in the workforce. Founded in 1987, CLC provides free adult basic education, high school equivalency preparation, workforce preparation, and English as a second language classes and tutoring.
CLC has formed a partnership with LaSalle University in which two undergraduate students in social work will serve as interns starting in January 2018. We are in need of an individual with a BA in social work to serve as a mentor and coach for these students as they assist our staff members with workforce development activities for our learners.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet with two undergraduate students interns for one hour per week
- Share past social work experience with student interns
- Discuss the student interns' role at CLC and provide direct feedback and encouragement
- Communicate with designated CLC staff members regarding the progress of student interns
- Administrative Support
- Social Work
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Social Work; Minimum Two Years Post-College Social Work Experience