Job Title: Volunteer ESL Tutor
Purpose: Provide ESL tutoring for adult learners. Tutors will collaborate with clients and staff to assess each learner’s needs and how best to address them.
Location: Cambridge, MA
- Assess learner’s level of English proficiency.
- Select materials and approaches suitable for the student’s ability and needs.
- Foster affirming relationships and sustain appropriate boundaries.
- Maintain a safe environment and confidentiality.
- Be on time and consistent.
Time Commitment: A minimum commitment of three months is required. Tutoring schedules will vary depending on the student’s needs and the tutor & student availability.
Qualifications: Must be a native speaker or have a formal bilingual education. Must have strong organizational & time-management skills. Previous ESL tutoring experience (personal or professional) preferred. Must be dependable, flexible, patient, and able to relate well to a diverse group of people. Resume, background check & references required.
Support: A general orientation for this position will be provided. A staff member will be on-site and available for questions and assistance. Space for tutoring sessions will be provided.
Age Requirement: 21+
If interested, please contact Amanda Thorne at email@example.com .
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Hatian / Creole
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum commitment of three months is required.