Support Group Facilitator - Madison Area
3 people are interested
To provide emotional, social and or educational support to those caring for people with dementia.
- Initiate conversation among participants to share their challenges and successes in caring for someone with dementia
- Work with staff to arrange for speakers as needed
- Maintain a safe environment for participants where their
- thoughts and feeling are valued
- Redirect conversations or behaviors as needed
- Complete meeting summary
- Adhere to Facilitator Agreement duties and responsibilities
- Promote Alzheimer’s Association services
This group meets the 2nd Friday of the Month from 6:30 - 8 pm at the Madison Public Library.
About Alzheimer's Association Cleveland Area Chapter
Central Office, 23215 Commerce Park, Beachwood, OH 44122, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association Cleveland Area Chapter provides free support and resources to individuals living with memory loss, and their caregivers. Our service area covers five counties including Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain. We are raise funds to provide these services and to advance global research on dementia. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. The disease currently affects more than five million American adults and is the 6th leading cause of death in the country. It is the only cause of death among the top 10 in the US that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed down.
We'll work with your schedule.
Madison Public Library6111 Middle Ridge Rd.Madison, OH 44057
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Patient Care
- Group Facilitation
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 12 month, 2 hours a month
- Support Group Facilitator Training