What we do: Help us provide Physical Therapy screenings to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Who we need: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, and Physical Therapy Students, trained on-site to provide all-day screening exams.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Minnesota Healthy Community FUNfitness
- Feeling good about helping those who cannot afford service or who did not know help was available to them
- Experiencing the joy of seeing athletes go home with a book of exercises they can do at home to help build strength, balance, and flexibility
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities.
- Physical Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6 hour shift during event
- Must be 20 years old or older
- FUNfitness (Physical Therapy)...
- Fit Feet (Podiatry) Volunteer
- Special Olympics State Bocce...
- Special Olympics State Softball...
- Health Promotion Volunteer
- Opening Eyes (Optometry) Volunteer
- Healthy Hearing (Audiology)...
- Special Olympics Unified Flag...
- Become a Team Assistant with...
- Special Smiles (Dental) Volunteer
- State Unified Flag Football...