Forests Forever is an environmental nonprofit based in Berkeley whose mission is to protect and enhance the forests and wildlife habitat of California through educational, legislative, and electoral activities. We are partnering up with local water/forest conservation efforts seeking a Social Media intern.
The Napa County Watershed and Oak Woodland Protection Initiative is looking for a creative, enthusiastic Social Media Intern who can help build their social media presence!
The primary role of the intern is to create compelling images and short explainer videos to create public visibility and support for the campaign.
Other tasks may include managing the campaign's social media accounts (Facebook, twitter, etc.), generating posts on a daily basis, building engagement and increasing reaches, shares and clickthroughs to maximize fundraising tractions.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the significance of California's forest and watershed ecology as well as strategies in fighting to protect them while working with local environmental/conservation issues and legislative process. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
- Interest in the campaign’s mission to protect local forest and watershed ecosystems
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours/week up to June 2018 (End date is flexible)
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with Social Media Platforms
- Experience in videomaking and editing is a huge plus
To apply, please send a tailored cover letter, resume and availability to email@example.com
For more information about the initiative, visit https://www.facebook.com/protectnapawatersheds/
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours a week up to June 2018