IT System Administrator
We are looking for a person to serve as an IT System Administrator.
We are a faith-based nonprofit organization who for more than 35 years has pioneered the use of technology to speed translation and meet the technology needs of translators and support personnel.
We provide a wide range of services such as:
Network infrastructure and server administration
- Solutions for satellite and radio communications
- Creative power solutions
- Enterprise web applications
If you believe, as we do, that all languages are of value, form an integral part of peoples’ identity and have the potential to serve them in a rapidly changing world, then you can be part of a team serving minority language communities worldwide.
- For full-time volunteer or staff who raise their support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Provide networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords
- Install, link, and maintain various Web servers and database systems
- Utilize various Web-based scripting languages
- Manage upgrades and backups
- Research and implement security strategies
- Monitor network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware
- Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Computer Engineer degree or equivalent
- Training in development applications such as JSP or .net, and Internet protocol such as TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, Web services, and other technologies related to internet systems
- Serving others in a technical support role
- Competencies in MS Office applications and/or Open Office
- Previous multicultural experience helpful
- Working with Web infrastructure
- Explaining business process management, internet security and Web Architecture, networks and server administration
We'll work with your schedule.
7405 JAARS RoadWaxhaw, NC 28173
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer Science
- Security / Network Administration
- People 55+
- Full-time, Long-term