The Gallery Volunteer will play a crucial role in maintaining exhibition capacity during the Speed’s upcoming major shows in 2018, including Women Artists in the Age of Impressionism.
- Work with our Security staff to monitor the number of guests in the gallery space.
- Using an attendance clicker, count and record the number of guests in the exhibition.
- Check exhibition tickets for the correct time.
- Greet guests as they enter and exit the exhibition.
- Provide wayfinding and answer basic guest questions about the Speed.
- Communicate accurate and current attendance numbers to Security staff on an hourly basis.
- Ideal Gallery Volunteers are friendly, social, calm under pressure, proactive and detail oriented.
- You must be comfortable with standing and sitting for intervals (typical shifts are four hours.)
- An interest in art and a knowledge of the Speed’s collection and surroundings are helpful but not required.
- Shifts are available during all open days; the greatest need is on weekends and during our monthly After Hours event (every 3 rd Friday from 5pm-10pm.)
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Typical shifts are 3-4hrs each.
- Able to sit or stand for intervals.