AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, promotional and/or financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and assist low-income communities. Members earn a modest living allowance of $12,300, limited benefit options and after a year of service are eligible for an Education Award of $5,775 or post-service stipend. More information is available at www.VISTAcampus.gov.
To be a VISTA, apply at my.AmeriCorps.gov
Boys and Girls Club, VISTA Curriculum Coordinator
* Ensure the implementation and planning for administering Club-wide programs and activities that
support the Club formula for impact’s outcome driven experience.
* Implement and administer curriculum for members who are in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
* Prepare and distribute curriculum plans.
* Monitor and evaluate programs and activities.
* Provide training to staff on program implementation.
- Strategic Planning
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check