AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, promotional and/or financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and assist low-income communities. Members earn a modest living allowance of $12,300, limited benefit options and after a year of service are eligible for an Education Award of $5,775 or post-service stipend. More information is available at www.VISTAcampus.gov.
To be a VISTA, apply at my.AmeriCorps.gov
Responsibilities for this job:
Flinthills Services, Inc., VISTA Community Outreach Coordinator
▪ Coordinate, update and maintain website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
▪ Facilitate publication of the email blasts, quarterly print newsletter, annual report, agency
brochures and direct mail. Write and distribute press releases.
▪ Build relationships with community media partners.
▪ Coordinate publicity for special events.
▪ Recruit and train volunteers to assist with special events.
▪ Maintain updated contact information on key business stakeholders.
▪ Coordinate and serve as liaison for public relation activities.
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check