AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, promotional and/or financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and assist low-income communities. Members earn a modest living allowance of $12,300, limited benefit options and after a year of service are eligible for an Education Award of $5,775 or post-service stipend. More information is available at www.VISTAcampus.gov
To be a VISTA, apply at my.AmeriCorps.gov
Responsibilities for this job:
Wichita State University, Community Engagement Institute VISTA Leader
▪ Must have prior experience serving through AmeriCorps (NCCC, AmeriCorps State & National, Senior Corps, VISTA)
▪ Conduct VISTA member training and coordinator ongoing professional development
▪ Monitor reports and timesheets.
▪ Communicate regularly with WSU VISTA Fellows throughout the state of Kansas.
▪ Develop and maintain social media and marketing regarding WSU VISTA Fellows.
▪ Assist with VISTA and site recruitment.
- Data Entry
- Performance Management
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check