The San Francisco Public Library @ Western Addition is seeking volunteers for our Growing Readers program, which offers an opportunity for neighborhood children in kindergarten through third grade to learn to read and build writing skills with tutors one-on-one through fun games, phonics instruction, and read-alouds. Two sessions are held on Saturdays (mid-morning and early afternoon); the sessions are on a drop-in basis in order to make this low-pressure, accessible learning resource accessible for students and their families. (All programs at the Library are always free of charge.)
We are seeking volunteers to assist these young readers with building their skills, confidence, and love of reading.
We’ll be starting up the program again in January, so get your New Year off to a great start and contact us for more information today!
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- ~2 hours/week
- Smart About Smart Phones? Share...
- Growing Readers @ Western...
- Help out with Basic Computer...
- Assistive Technology Volunteer
- Math Help for Adults
- Volunteer Tutor for English...
- Literacy Tutor for Adult Learners
- Provide Basic Computer Help in...
- Help a Child with their Reading...
- Citizen Science with Your...