DuPage Habitat Restore sales, warehouse volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
DuPage Habitat for Humanity ReStore is always welcoming volunteers!
Scope of Position -
- To support the mission by providing customer service - which can include but is not limited to answering questions, finding items and offering suggestions. This would also include loading and unloading donations/purchases, preparing donations for sale and maintaining a clean and safe store.
Position Duties -
- Greet customers upon entry
- Answer customers’ and donors’ questions
- Organize merchandise into like categories
- Dust/clean merchandise, making sure all merchandise is "faced" on the shelf
- Be sure that all items are clearly priced
- Consult with Staff or Lead for pricing based on condition of merchandise or on date of receipt
- Execute signing & merchandising direction from staff & leads
- Keep aisles safe and clear. Sweep the floor for safety and appearance.
- Help inform the customers about ReStore, Habitat for Humanity and volunteerism.
- Replenish items once sold to ensure sales floor is in stock
- Assist customers & donors in loading/unloading vehicles
About DuPage Habitat for Humanity
1600 E. Roosevelt Road, Suite B, Wheaton, IL 60187, US
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
DuPage Habitat for Humanity is a local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. We are a nonprofit, ecumenical affordable housing ministry based on Christian principles. DHFH invites people from all walks of life to work together in partnership to help families build affordable homes, We work to provide opportunities for home ownership to limited income families or individuals, and to put the reality of substandard housing in the minds and hearts of DuPage residents in such a powerful way that unattainable home ownership for these families or individuals becomes politically, socially and religiously unacceptable.
We'll work with your schedule.
869 S. Rohlwing Rd. (Route 53)Addison, IL 60101
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- In order to begin your volunteer experience, you must attend an 1 hour orientation session. Orientation Schedule: Wednesdays at 4:00pm. and Fridays at 9:00am.