Combine your love of the outdoors with service, by working to care for Dexter Drumlin Reservation in Lancaster, MA. As a Steward, you’ll have the opportunity to support and work along with staff to help keep this property beautiful for all to enjoy; trail maintenance, parking area projects and more.
* Participate in trail maintenance tasks such as drainage structure cleaning and reinforcement, removing debris from trail surfaces
* Participate in clearing of vegetation in and near the trails and parking areas. * Participate in invasive plant removal and management efforts
* Participate in stewardship work days to complete larger trail maintenance projects as well as new construction and property improvement projects
* Must be able to perform vigorous work outside, using hand tools
* Must be comfortable taking on a project and working on it independently
* Must be able to and enjoy walking on the property, be conservation-minded, and willing to help maintain the property
* Must be able to walk over rough terrain and lift/carry up to 25 lbs
* Able to work seasonal weather conditions
* Basic knowledge of trail design principals helpful
* Commitment to reporting service hours via the Trustees volunteer website
Time Commitment Needed
* Varies depending on the volunteer’s specific job responsibilities
* Preferred availability is 4 hrs per week
* Individuals available for special stewardship day events only welcome
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law
- Outdoor Recreation
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours at least once per week
- Must have reliable access to transportation to and from property
- Trail Run Assistants- Running of...
- Greenhouse Watering Assistant-...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- CSA Packing Assistants- Chestnut...
- Food Pantry Liaison- Chestnut...
- Greenhouse Assistant- Chestnut...
- Property Steward- Dexter Drumlin
- CSA Distribution Coordinator-...
- Harvest Assistants- Chestnut...