Committee Member Job Description
The Walk to End Lupus Now is the signature fundraiser and awareness event for the Lupus Foundation of America. Funds raised to support vital education, support, advocacy, and research to improve the quality of life for those living with lupus and move towards a cure. The committee’s mission is to increase fundraising and manage event logistics. LFA staff will provide support and materials for all committee activities.
The committee will be divided into two distinct groups:
- Corporate Engagement and Team Recruitment
- Leverage personal and LFA generated leads for event sponsorship and new fundraising teams
- Corporate Engagement
- Individual Goal: Successfully engage 2 new corporate supporters
- Overall Committee Corporate Sponsorship goal: $5000
- Introduce LFA to new corporate connections
- Engage ERG groups for new teams, on-site events and sponsorships
- Team Recruitment
- Individual Goal: Successfully recruit and mentor 2 new fundraising teams
- Friends/Family teams
- Hospital/Doctor teams
- School teams
- Calls to re-engage previous team captains
- Event Logistics
- Individual Goal: Successfully recruit 2 new volunteer groups and/or in-kind sponsors
- Determine volunteer, route and site needs
- Coordinate walk day tasks
- Recruit large volunteer groups
- Engage and train event volunteers
- Oversee site set-up
- Troubleshoot potential walk route issues
- Coordinate the event program and activities
- Solicit in-kind sponsors (water, food donations, DJ, entertainment, etc.)
- Engage a celebrity spokesperson to participate in the walk
Committee members serve as community ambassadors to the Walk to End Lupus Now and the Lupus Foundation of America. Promotional activities including community events, social media posts, local media coverage, letters to the editor, community partnerships, and other creative promotion bolster the visibility of the event and lupus awareness. LFA will provide a toolkit to guide committee members who can utilize these opportunities.
We appreciate your commitment as a volunteer and will structure committee communications and meetings to make the best use of your time.
- Email Updates: Committee members will receive an email update monthly in January, February, and March and every two weeks beginning mid-March outlining the overall progress of the walk and the committee groups. We will send additional group-specific updates as needed.
- Group Conference Calls: Calls will be held monthly beginning in January with each group
- Contact List: Committee members will receive a committee contact list and are encouraged to connect with each other when working on specific tasks.
- In Person-Meetings: There will be 2-3 in-person meetings per group. Other meetings will be determined as needed.
- LFA Contact & Support: Leslie Tierney, VP of Operation/Patient Navigator, Ohio Chapter, 440-717-0183 Leslie@LupusGreaterOhio.org
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training