Share your love to swimming with children and adults with intellectual disabilities! Our need for coaches is on-going and we will orient and mentor new coaches throughout the season. We divide our practice into two sessions. The first session is for non-swimmers and those learning to swim, and the second group for those that swim the front crawl and are continuing to learn and master other strokes. Our greatest need is for volunteers in our first session - 6:30 - 7:20pm., as we find working one to one with our beginners to be most effective.
Our requirements to become a volunteer are simple:
- Can swim and are comfortable in the water
- Be willing to commit Tuesday evenings (6:30 - 8:00pm) to the Sea Lions
- Be available to coach for one of our three swim meets
- Like people in general and have patience to work with and assist individuals across a broad range of age and disability.
If you are interested and or have questions, please contact Donna Kempner at email@example.com, phone 415-412-2045 or Greg McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Water Recreation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 1.5 hours once a week for 5 months.