Wellness Hub Volunteer
7 people are interested
Volunteer will work with Volunteer Coordinator in promoting and staffing People’s Center’s new Wellness Hub, opening January 16, 2018. Opportunities to work both internally and externally informing the community about health management skills as well as services provided in our wellness center. The volunteer may be responsible for scheduling, overseeing visitors in the Wellness Hub, teaching visitors how to properly use equipment, attending outreach events, assisting with programming, and updating Wellness Hub calendar. No prior experience necessary. Training will be provided. Wellness Hub volunteers are welcome to workout and/or attend programs in the Wellness Hub for free.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passionate about health and wellness.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Knowledge of nutrition and exercise.
- Fluency in Somali/Oromo a plus, but certainly not required.
- Minimum 5 hours per week
- Flexible hours between 8am-8pm
- Fill out volunteer and intern application form at www.peoples-center.org/volunteer
We'll work with your schedule.
People's Center Clinics & Services425 20th Avenue SouthMinneapolisMinneapolis, MN 55454
- Fitness Instruction
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 5 hours/week, Minimum 3 month commitment