Dream Academy Learning Community Orlando is an after school initiative which focuses on building and sustaining character, skills and dreams in youth with a parent incarcerated and vulnerable youth through academic enrichment and mentorship. Within our target population male mentors are needed whether for 1 to 1 mentoring or group mentoring for skill building among our middle school boys.
At the middle school age students can easily get lost in the distractions. It is important for the Dream Academy Center to connect our students with individuals in the community that will help build their skills and challenge their growth to be global leaders.
Men in central Florida who would like to share their skills with the next generation join Dream Academy Mentor team.
All we ask is that you commit at least 1 hour, 1 day for at least 1 year.
- Must be 18 years old and up
- Must have reliable transportation (This is an on-site mentoring program. No children leaves the premises with a mentor).
- Complete an US Dream Academy application
- Complete a background check and Interview
- Complete Dream Academy program training
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year