BE A FORCE to be reckoned with! The American Lung Association Atlanta office is seeking a diverse group of individuals interested in joining the LUNG FORCE Run/Walk Leadership Team to support the signature LUNG FORCE Run/Walk 5K event (www.LUNGFORCE.org/runwalk).
Our LUNG FORCE Run/Walk is like no other charity event. Lung cancer is increasing among women, affecting our mothers, daughters, sisters and loved ones across all races and ethnicities. Yet, for most women, it’s not even on their radar as a potential risk. The LUNG FORCE Run/Walk is raising awareness and funds to help those impacted by lung cancer and other lung diseases, including asthma and COPD. Our Run/Walk features LUNG FORCE Heroes and their families, a LUNG FORCE Action Passport to interactive education areas, fun games and activities, and inspiring stories of hope. So, join with us as we share our voices and rally our friends, neighbors and colleagues to join the fight against lung cancer-and for lung health.
The role of Leadership Team members involves engaging the community to build family and corporate teams, drive sponsorship, catch the attention of local media, develop and implement creative marketing and communications strategies to achieve the goal of raising over $100,000 to help those impacted in Georgia by lung disease.
The LUNG FORCE Leadership Team works toward these goals by:
- Serve as a community ambassador for LUNG FORCE run/walk at health fairs, community events, running clubs, and other promotional opportunities.
- Bring creative ideas to the table for fundraising, marketing, communications, and public relations to the monthly Leadership Team meetings.
- Identify corporate prospects for involvement through sponsorship, team fundraising, and volunteerism.
If you have any questions or more information on how to get involved, please contact Emily McTiernan at Emily.McTiernan@lung.org or 770-544-0529.
- People Skills
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 4 hours per month
- Passionate about making a difference, community involvement/networking skills, commitment