Join us as a volunteer for the 2018 Winter Games presented by United!
Click here to register! https://www.classy.org/frisco/events/state-winter-games-volunteer-opportunities/e158169
VOLUNTEER CHECK IN:
Please check-in at the Volunteer Registration table upon arrival.
- Alpine Ski / Snowboarding Volunteer Registration tables will be set up in Ptarmagin A in the lower level of the Copper Conference Center for check-in, orientation and training.
- Cross Country/ Snowshoeing Volunteer Registration will be at the base of the "A" lift for check-in, orientation and training
- Skating Volunteer Registration and the skating competition will held offiste at the Stephen C West Breckenridge Ice Arena (189 Boreas Pass Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424)
- Please try and be as prompt as possible as we are on a tight time schedule. Upon check-in, you will receive your lift ticket for Alpine Ski/Snowboard volunteers and instruction on where to go.
- Please bring your snowshoes (not required), ski or snowboard equipment (required for Alpine Ski/Snowboard) with you at check in. SOCO is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please leave valuables at home.
PLEASE CHECK IN ON TIME. YOUR CHECK IN TIME IS THE START TIME OF YOUR VOLUNTEER SHIFT. ORIENTATION AND TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN PRIOR TO THE START OF COMPETITION.
We ask that volunteers be flexible with the roles they are assigned. Roles are designated and fulfilled based on immediate need.
Please, keep in mind that we will be outdoors for this event and Colorado weather is ever changing. We recommend that you dress warmly for all types of weather. Please, bring/wear appropriate clothing and footwear in order to carry out your assigned duties. Alpine Ski/Snowboarding volunteers MUST bring their own skis or snowboard equipment. Volunteers for Snowshoe/Cross Country are encouraged to bring equipment if they have it, but it is not required.
Lunch will be provided. You will receive a sack lunch upon check in for Alpine Ski/Snowboarding. You will receive and lunch at Snowshoe and Cross Country as well. In addition, hospitality Centers will be set up at both Alpine Ski/Snowboarding and Snowshoeing locations with drinks and snacks throughout the day.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING:
- Parking at Copper Mountain is available at no cost in the Alpine lot, located just south of the main entrance.
- If you are going to the Snowshoe/Cross-Country venue, there will be a shuttle going from the Alpine lot to the base of "A" Lift. Follow signs to Volunteer Registration.
- If you are volunteering at the Alpine/Snowboard venue, take the shuttle from the Alpine lot to Copper Village and follow signs directing you to Volunteer Registration in the Bighorn Ballroom in the Copper Conference Center.
VOLUNTEER SERVICE HOURS: For those needing confirmation of service hours, at the completion of your volunteer shift you may report back to volunteer registration for signatures or confirmation forms.
AGE ELIGIBILITY FOR VOLUNTEERS:
- 16 years and older can volunteer by themselves.
- 8-15 year olds must be accompanied by parent, guardian, or chaperone.
- 7 years and younger are not given volunteer assignments, but are welcomed and encouraged to be cheerleaders as long as they are accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperone. Please do not 'purchase' a ticket for this position.
- 8-15 year olds in a group situation need a 3 to 1 ratio-meaning one adult (18 years old or older) for every three children. These groups usually include scout troops, school classes, church groups, etc.
Please contact Georgia David, Volunteer, Family Services & Athlete Leadership Manager, at email@example.com
We hope you enjoy your volunteer experience. Thank you for dedicating the time in your life to help ensure our athletes have the time of their lives!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment