Are you interested in helping older adults be able to continue to live independently in their homes and feel connected to the community they live in? If so, we would love to have you be a vital part of our organization. North Shore Village needs a volunteer driver to provide transportation for doctor appointments, grocery shopping or other errands.
What do you need?If you own or have regular access to a safe, reliable vehicle, then you’re already on the road to volunteering. You’ll also need:
- A current, valid driver’s license
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Participate in an in-person interview
- To clear a background check performed
- Complete North Shore Village training (based on your availability)
- Have driving availability during the day, ideally Monday - Friday
Flexible Scheduling -We are so appreciative of our volunteers and we understand scheduling can be tricky sometimes. To that end, we work around you. You will only have to accept the driving opportunities which work with your schedule. You can commit to a regular weekly driving commitment or choose to pick-up opportunities as they come up.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible scheduling, no minimum time requirements