To apply for this volunteer position, please visit www.adlerplanetarium.org/volunteer and fill out our volunteer application.
If you have ever wanted to participate in the inner workings of a cultural institution and be part of the "behind-the-scenes" team, this could be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you! Working with the Volunteer Program Manager, the Volunteer Program Assistant will perform a range of administrative and office support functions for the Volunteer Program to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
We look to the Volunteer Program Assistant Volunteer to:
- Manage the volunteer database (Volgistics) by clearing volunteer hour audits, creating monthly/quarterly/annual tracking reports, and monitoring volunteer status and activity
- Assist with other non-computer projects as needed: such as filing, scanning, mailing, creating orientation packets, and preparing and organizing office supplies
- Assist with volunteer orientations for all new volunteers
- Prepare volunteer ID badges
- Prepare weekly volunteer newsletter
- Assist with volunteer appreciation week and recognition event
- Assist with volunteer and outreach coordination
- Other duties as required
Interested? Here’s what we look for:
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Detail-oriented and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- A can-do attitude!
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Previous office experience preferred
- Two years of college preferred
Training will consist of:
- Attendance at a general volunteer orientation session
- Training sessions with the Volunteer Program Manager
We ask the volunteer in this position to:
- Commit to a regular schedule for 2-3 shifts per week (or 10-15 hours total per week), Mon-Fri during regular business hours
- Some evening and weekend hours required to support orientations and special events
- Must be 18 years or older
- Make a minimum commitment of one year
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Human Resources Assistance
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 shifts per week/15 hours per week.
- Minimum commitment of one year.