11 th Hour volunteer
Summary: support patients and families in the Hospice through support at the time a patient is actively dying.
At least six months of hospice experience.
Comfortable with death and the dying process.
Ability to communicate well with all people of diverse background and ages
Self-motivation, dependable and responsible.
Able to maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
Responsibilities: (may include any combination of these duties)
- Provide support, comfort, and companionship to patients and caregivers.
- Be a listener
- Pray with patients as requested.
- Hold hands, provide light touch as requested.
- Advocate for patients as needed.
- Run errands, make phone calls, etc. for caregivers who do not wish to leave patient's bedside.
- Completion of application, interview, background check, health screening, andd volunteer orientation.
- Completion of additional 11th hour training.
- Able to make a minimum commitment of 6 months
- Able to assist with last minute requests.
- Maintains open communication with other team members, reporting events or changes of concern to staff.
- Records accurate, objective, timely documentation of volunteer activities.
- Attends volunteer support meetings and education as needed.
Supervisor: 11th hour volunteers are supervised by the Volunteer Department Staff.
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training