20 people are interested
11th hour volunteer
20 people are interested
11 th Hour volunteer
Summary: support patients and families in the Hospice through support at the time a patient is actively dying.
At least six months of hospice experience.
Comfortable with death and the dying process.
Ability to communicate well with all people of diverse background and ages
Self-motivation, dependable and responsible.
Able to maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
Responsibilities: (may include any combination of these duties)
- Provide support, comfort, and companionship to patients and caregivers.
- Be a listener
- Pray with patients as requested.
- Hold hands, provide light touch as requested.
- Advocate for patients as needed.
- Run errands, make phone calls, etc. for caregivers who do not wish to leave patient's bedside.
- Completion of application, interview, background check, health screening, andd volunteer orientation.
- Completion of additional 11th hour training.
- Able to make a minimum commitment of 6 months
- Able to assist with last minute requests.
- Maintains open communication with other team members, reporting events or changes of concern to staff.
- Records accurate, objective, timely documentation of volunteer activities.
- Attends volunteer support meetings and education as needed.
Supervisor: 11th hour volunteers are supervised by the Volunteer Department Staff.
About Bristol Hospice - California, LLC
Serving Sonora, Oakdale, Modesto, Mariposa, Fresno, 374 East Yosemite Avenue Ste. 200, Merced, CA 95340, US
Bristol Hospice, LLC, is graciously committed to our mission that all patients and families entrusted to our care will be treated with the highest level of compassion, respect and quality of care. Bristol Hospice associates are focused on providing a family-centered approach in the delivery of hospice services. Our goal is to empower you to make your own choices regarding care and assistance. The team serves as your advocates, helping you to access the information and resources you need during this very challenging time.
"Bristol Hospice- California, LLC is currently seeking individuals desiring to assist with volunteer services. Hospice volunteer provides caring, support, non-medical services to individuals and families coping with dying and grief. They promote education and dialogue within the community about end-of-life issues."
Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated by the patients, their families and the Bristol Hospice Team that you will become part of.
Volunteers are an integral part of Hospice Care.
1801 N. Olive AveTurlock, CA 95382
October 22, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training