Project Soar Call for Interns to support Headquarters staff
9 people are interested
We are seeking interns, for both the fall and winter of 2018/2019 and the spring of 2019, who will support the Project Soar Headquarters staff, serve as a role model to the Project Soar Girls and spread the mission of Project Soar throughout the community. We welcome someone who is passionate about girls’ empowerment and education and committed to the Project Soar mission. An ideal intern is a self-starter, team player, creative problem solver and enthusiastic facilitator.
Location: Project Soar Headquarters Douar Ladaam, Marrakech, Morocco
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week (camp weeks & special events may increase time)
Reporting : Will report to the Program Manager and Field Manager
Salary: This is an unpaid internship, however a monthly stipend will be provided for phone & data.
Duties can include but are not limited to:
● Supporting Project Soar Management team with administrative tasks
● Photographing weekly events, edit and maintaining photo management system
● Providing social media content
● Leading French conversation clubs twice per week
● Assisting in delivering the PS Empowerment Curriculum, as both leader and assistant
● Supervising weekly 'Safe Space’ Hour
● Maintenance and order of all PS public spaces, will include basic cleaning
● Assist in planning and execution of all Programming and camps
● Current university student or recent graduate, female
● Solution based thinker, highly skilled problem solver
● Exceptionally confident, with strong leadership skills; pro-active by nature
● Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Photography
● Fluent in English, preferably versed in Darija as well
● Experience working as a facilitator and leader, preferably with girls
● French or English teaching experience (preferred)
● Must have access to a smartphone and laptop
Please send CV and cover letter, including details about your availability and
current life in Marrakech, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Km 19 Route de OuarzazateMarakech, Morocco
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- 20 hours per week
- Access to a smartphone and laptop