Volunteers Needed for Unique, Purposeful Activities, and Companionship for Seniors
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
16 people are interested
Help us provide purposeful, person-centered opportunities for seniors in skilled-nursing at Claridge Court. We are not your standard, run-of-the-mill "nursing home." Our activities program is unique, as we stray away from "busy-work," and try to provide opportunities for our residents to engage in purposeful activities that are unique to each individual and their previous life roles/interests. Many, but not all of our residents, have a diagnosis of Alzheimer's/Dementia, and all have unique talents and interests that they still enjoy every day. Some volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Help facilitate 1:1 visits such as conversation/reminiscing, going through photos/memorabilia, sorting familiar objects, help them write letters, give/receive mail, provide hand massages/paint nails, play music, intergenerational/visits with children, play cards/trivia, watch movies/TV, pet therapy, religious/spiritual visits, baking/cooking, reading recipes, knitting/sewing, relaxation/aromatherapy, gardening/horticulture, and more!
- Sit with and help engage residents in scheduled activities such as seated volleyball, group exercise classes, happy hour, takeout group lunches, church services, pet therapy/animal visits, music groups/performances, games, monthly wine and paint group, bible/religious study groups, Veteran's groups, baking/cooking groups, gardening/flower arranging groups, intergenerational groups, knitting/sewing, and more!
- Join us on field trips (at no cost to you) and help push residents in wheelchairs, sit with them, talk with them, and help them view/engage in all the sights. Frequent field trips we take include: Deanna Rose, Fishing at Shawnee Mission Park, Union Station, KC Aquarium, Nelson Atkins, WWI museum.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
8101 Mission RoadPrairie Village, KS 66208
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Children/Teens under age of 18 are welcome, but must have adult consent form signed.