Project Sub-Sahara is a small 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization located in Vancouver, WA. We are looking for a Web Designer to help us create and design a website.
The Social Media Guru will have primary responsibility for creating, designing, managing and administering our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content from our PSS initiatives in working with rural communities in Ghana. Additionally, you will be managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our organizational image in a cohesive way to achieve our overall goals.
As a Social Media Guru, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Monitor search engine optimization (SEO) and web traffic metrics.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Communicate with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Research the viability of increasing social media activity (Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, etc.).
- Track activity on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest).
- With support, create and present short term and long-term development plans, as appropriate, to achieve and maintain these presences.
- Make recommendations; suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
If you are a savvy social media navigator who resides in the US and is interested in leaving a footprint with lasting impact, and who would like to volunteer and help our organization virtually in this endeavor, please contact Dave Beke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Wesley Jordan (email@example.com).
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- minimum one year commitment- varied virtual hours