Volunteer website & virtual content developers aid the Wisconsin Science Museum by writing and sending monthly newsletters and continually uploading new and exciting content to our website and social media platforms. Have an idea of how to make our website more navigable? Do you enjoy writing and designing interesting content to get people excited about science? We need your help!
Anyone with experience in web curation, design, journalism, marketing, or advertising can play an integral part in making our virtual content and online presence as wide-reaching and awesome as can be.
Some of the tasks that you may be involved with as a volunteer include:
- Writing and sending regular newsletters about events, exhibits, volunteers, etc...
- Maintaining and improving our existing website.
- Regularly finding and posting interesting and relevant content to our social media accounts.
- Developing new and engaging virtual content with help from museum staff.
- Opening and closing the museum.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours/week, 3 month commitment minimum