The Fundraiser is a volunteer at Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry, Inc. The Fundraiser is responsible for outbound calling and business partnership recruitment and management. In addition to sales skill and experience, volunteer fundraisers should have a passion for Loaves & Fishes' mission to provide nutritious food, in an atmosphere of kindness and respect, to individuals in need who reside in Ayer, Devens, Groton, Harvard, Littleton and Shirley.
- Work with the fundraising team to solicit and gather monetary and other donations through outbound calling and networking to businesses in our service areas, while raising awareness of Loaves & Fishes' services, goals, and financial needs
- Recruit and maintain relationships with community businesses who support Loaves & Fishes financially
- 3 - 4 hours per week for 2 - 3 weeks during our two major appeals each year; less than 1 hour per week at other times to continue to recruit and maintain relationships
- Comfortable and confident calling business leaders, explaining our nonprofit mission and asking for donations and / or participation in other ways to support Loaves & Fishes such as food drives or providing volunteers
- Must have a computer and internet access at home
- Familiarity with spreadsheet and word processing software required; familiarity with CRM software a plus
All volunteers must have a signed Confidentiality Agreement on file and must adhere to the policy. Volunteers must respect the privacy of our clients and donors and keep all client and donor information confidential unless a donor gives us permission to publicize their involvement.
The volunteer Fundraiser will report directly to the leader of the fundraising team. All volunteers are supported by the Administrative Assistant and work in the general team environment of Loaves & Fishes and the Community Outreach and Relations Committee.
*This job description is subject to change based on business necessity.
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Avg. of 1 hour per week (see details in desc.)