19 people are interested
Eager & Compassionate Volunteers needed in Houston/Katy/Sugarland
ORGANIZATION: Heart to Heart Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
*****MUST HAVE COVID VACCINATION TO QUALIFY*****
Would you like an opportunity to help others and give back to your community? Have you ever thought about volunteering for a Hospice? Did you know that volunteers are the heart and soul of Hospice care? As a Hospice Volunteer, you will be an integral member of an interdisciplinary team dedicated to benefitting patients and their families during a difficult time in their lives.
Admin & Patient Care Volunteers Needed!
Hospice provides care and comfort to people who are terminally ill and provides support to their families, friends, and caregivers. As a Patient Care Volunteer, you may help in many ways:
- Volunteers provide companionship to patients through conversation, reading, letter writing, music appreciation, movie/TV watching, walking or sitting outside to get some fresh air, and all sorts of hobby sharing.
- Volunteers help patients and their families by doing light household chores and yard work, and even caring for their pets.
- Volunteers provide respite to family caregivers, so they may take a break from their caregiving duties for couple hours.
- In addition, volunteers who are professional/certified beauticians, massage therapists, reiki therapists, or music therapists are highly desired, as well as those who are experienced in providing grief support or medical interpretation.
- We are also looking for individuals with Certified Pet Therapy companion animals to join our team.
Volunteers are limited only by their imaginations. If you have a skill or interest that is not included here, we would love to meet with you to find out more about how we can work together and to provide you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who need it the most.
We also provide comprehensive orientation and training. Even if you don’t have previous experience with hospice, we will provide you with all the tools you need to be the best volunteer you can be!
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and to give back to the community for people of all ages. We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!
About Heart to Heart Hospice
16441 Space Center Blvd., Ste. C-300, Houston, TX 77058, US
The mission of Heart to Heart Hospice is to provide compassion and care, while striving to enhance the quality of life for those with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones.
Our Goal is to allow patients to rejoice in the lives of their loved ones and share positive memories of the legacy that they are leaving behind. At Heart to Heart Hospice, we try to go beyond the expectations of our patients and their families to provide them with compassionate, personalized care and emotional and spiritual support.
Various LocationsHouston, TX 77070
November 15, 2023
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Music Arts
- Administrative Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one hour visits
- We will work with your schedule!!