Human Resources Generalist
11 people are interested
Ayiti Now Corp is a non-profit created for empowering marginalized children through education and support.
Haiti Now ("Ayiti Now" from local Haitian Creole language) is a 501(c)(3) organization based in the US and founded by Mr. Alex Lizzappi. Alex visited Haiti before & after the 2010 earthquake and was concerned by the state of the "Restavek" children there. Restavek is the local term for children from less well-off families sent to work for well-off families. These children are often abused and put in situations of domestic servitude. Haiti Now’s mission, supported currently by more than 80 volunteers contributing flexible hours, is to help these Restavek children through educational and support programs, such as the school sanctuary being built there.
Role brief: The Human Resources Generalist is an unpaid / virtual volunteer position that works directly with project teams to find qualified volunteers and build a strong volunteer team.
- Prepare job descriptions and role analysis for the positions required for their team
- Execute recruitment efforts with Sourcing team to post jobs, interview, extend offers, and onboard
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure each volunteer is adequately assigned and engaged
- Volunteer Management for the team, including tracking the skill set/gaps within the team, active volunteer data and addressing volunteers’ concerns/questions
- Respond to all inquiries within a timely manner, preferably within 24 business hours
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum volunteer hours: 7-10 hrs per week for 3-6 months, including a weekly HR team call
- Must be very responsive to all messages within 24 business hours
- HR degree or experience
- Based in the US
- Highly collaborative style; experience working in a virtual environment highly preferred
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack, Trello and Okta preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English; follow up and follow through approach
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial & able to work independently; Enjoys creating & implementing initiatives
As a volunteer-driven non-profit, we are in need of skilled and experienced HR Generalists to help us with various HR-centric tasks such as supporting, recruiting & managing volunteers for different functions for our organization. While Haiti Now strives to fulfill its mission through the commitment of over 80 volunteers in different functional areas, new volunteers are needed as the organization grows and people leave. This position can help individuals with a career interest in HR gain experience through a flexible schedule working remotely, all for a good cause.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Human Resources Assistance
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Must be at least 18
- 7-10 hrs per week, 3-6 months commitment
- Human resources experience