Human Resources Sourcing specialist
16 people are interested
Ayiti Now Corp is a non-profit created for empowering marginalized children through education and support.
Haiti Now ("Ayiti Now" from local Haitian Creole language) is a 501(c)(3) organization based in the US and founded by Mr. Alex Lizzappi. Alex visited Haiti before & after the 2010 earthquake and was concerned by the state of the "Restavek" children there. Restavek is the local term for children from less well-off families sent to work for well-off families. These children are often abused and put in situations of domestic servitude. Haiti Now’s mission, supported currently by more than 80 volunteers contributing flexible hours, is to help these Restavek children through educational and support programs, such as the school sanctuary being built there.
Role brief: The Human Resources Sourcing Specialist is an unpaid / virtual volunteer position that works with teams to find qualified volunteers and builds a strong volunteer pipeline for current / future volunteer needs.
- Responsible for posting and maintaining volunteer opportunities on various job posting websites
- Pre-screen candidates, forward applications, and contact applicants advising them of the next steps
- Review, process, & track candidate applications and interview feedback
- Collaborate with project managers to address current volunteer needs and identify future needs
- Proactively use social media networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter), referrals, past applicants to look for and connect with potential candidates
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum volunteer hours: 7-10 hrs per week for 3-6 months, including a weekly HR team call
- Must be very responsive to all messages within 24 business hours
- HR degree and recruiting experience
- Based in the US
- Highly collaborative style; experience working in a virtual environment highly preferred
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack, Trello and Okta preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English; follow up and follow through approach
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial & able to work independently; Enjoys creating & implementing initiatives
As a volunteer-driven non-profit, we are in need of skilled and experienced professionals to help us with various HR-centric tasks such as sourcing, recruiting & managing job portals for different functions for our organization. While Haiti Now strives to fulfill its mission through the commitment of over 80 volunteers in different functional areas, new volunteers are needed as the organization grows and people leave. This position can help individuals with a career interest in HR gain experience through a flexible schedule working remotely, all for a good cause.
For support, we have a project management structure in place, mapped out workflows for different HR processes including on-boarding and off-boarding, organizational charts to represent roles within the organization, highlighted priority positions that need people sooner than later and are currently in the process of creating a Customer Relationship Management database in order to help manage our volunteers better.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Must be at least 18
- 7-10 hrs per week, 3-6 months commitment
- Experience in Sourcing, Recruitment, Social media headhunting