7 people are interested
Board Member / Grant Writer
ORGANIZATION: INSPIRED SOUND INITIATIVE
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Who is Inspired Sound Initiative
We use performing arts experiential learning to promote harmony, peace, resilience, and well-being in youth and communities with less access to opportunities, care, and resources. Join us in making a better world!
For more information, see below for our website and YouTube channel:
Grant Writer Job Description
You will have the opportunity to work and meet with our organization's founder, Oscar-winning composer Yuval Ron, meet the performing artists of Inspired Sound Initiative, see workshop videos of our artists, and help make the world a better place! If you live in the LA area, you'll have the opportunity to witness some of the workshops and concerts (which sometimes are not open to the public, making this a rare opportunity to see our work in action) and to enjoy the interaction with the children and communities we serve! The Grant Writer will help raise funds from public and private donors to fund our free-of-charge activities to schools and centers that serve youth and communities with less access to opportunities, care, and resources.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Research and identify grants that match the objectives of the organization
- Develop proposals for matching grants
- Write and submit grant applications
- Oversee preparation of grant proposals, conduct a final review of proposals, and ensure timely submission
- Maintain an accurate record of past and present grant opportunities, deadlines, and proposals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and donors
- Respond to funder questions
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
Bonus points if you have:
- Connections in the corporate charity world and/or with philanthropic donors.
- Experience working on a research team and securing grants in the past
- Experience writing government grants
About INSPIRED SOUND INITIATIVE
12400 VENTURA BLVD SUITE 1025, STUDIO CITY, CA 91604, US
To teach our children and elders mindfulness, harmony, and peace. To use music, dance and story telling to deliver these teachings to schools, houses of worship, and venues in under-served communities in America and around the world. To build bridges and promote dialogue, understanding and forgiveness among opposing communities, ethnic groups and spiritual traditions.
We provide underserved communities with free-of-charge music, dance and story telling workshops that promote mindfulness, peace, harmony and unity, and eventually counter radicalism and violence.
We raise funds from public and private donors and use this funding solely for the purposes of providing our workshops to schools and communities around the USA and the world, which have a potential for hate, crimes, violence, racism and radicalism.
We are planning to provide a training program for emerging artists to learn how to carry such work in many other locations around the world.
For more information, see below for our website and youtube channel:
Website: https://www.inspiredsoundinitiative.org/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvZsSF6pg_DUFFy8WMEpYJw
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 8, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Must be at least 22
- 6-8 hours a month.