Help a Blind Neighbor in Brookline
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Do you live in or near Brookline? Are you interested in making a difference in the life of a blind adult in your neighborhood?
As a part of MABVI’s Volunteers for Vision program, you’ll assist a blind or visually impaired individual with a variety of daily tasks. You might go grocery shopping or run errands together, go for a walk around your neighborhood or go to the movies, or help read the mail or a book.
Why Volunteer with MABVI?
- 90% of our current volunteers feel they are doing significant work
- 98% of our volunteers say volunteering with us gives them a sense of accomplishment
- 99% would recommend the volunteer program to their family and friends
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience working with people with sight loss
- A sense of achievement
- A new friend
What skills and experience are needed?
- An easy-to-understand voice
- Good communication skills
- The ability to treat information confidentially
- Patience and a good sense of humor!
What support will be given?
- Volunteer training in our Brookline Office
- Support and guidance from our staff
- Volunteer events throughout the year
When will you be needed?
Most volunteer assignments involve a commitment of 2-3 hours per week; some assignments involve less time.
You can volunteer days, evenings or weekends, whatever works best with your schedule.
We'll work with your schedule.
Opportunities throughout MassachusettsBrookline, MA 02446
- Outdoor Recreation
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours weekly or biweekly; we're flexible!