GOLF EVENT COMMITTEE | JOB DESCRIPTION
Assist with the planning of the Sioux Falls Golf Tournament. This includes creating a fun and festive day-of environment, by:
- Soliciting and securing in-kind vendors (golfer gifts, prizes, auction items & entertainment)
- Recruiting day-of volunteers
- Recruiting Teams for the golf tournament
- Recruiting Corporate support
- Taking a leadership role in one of the following Areas:
- Hospitality and program - Food and beverage and help find speakers
- Golfer Gift & Tournament Prizes - Researching and working on gift bags for the golfers and prizes for top teams
- In-Kind sponsorship - Securing items for event silent or live auction and pins
- On-Course Entertainment - in charge of choosing events to happen on the coarse and determine what holes it will be on
- Public Relations- help organize media relations, distribution of publicity material (brochures, posters, etc.)
- Team Recruitment - working with securing teams, making sure committee is following up on their teams, help staff follow up on team retention
- Attend monthly meetings to assess committee progress
- Activity between meetings for your Activity Area
- Assess progress with Chair and Committee
TOTAL TIME REQUIRED
15 hours over 6 months
- As a committee, coordinate all logistical needs for meetings leading up to the event.
- Develop a logistics plan and implementation process.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with Event Committee to assess progress of various aspects of the event
- Brief communications between meetings with Committee Chair.
- Participate in brief phone calls with the Golf staff to assess progress.
- Help Recruit 2 golf teams.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment