The St. Louis Arc's mission is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
The Arc is looking for students who are looking to get experience working with kids on the Autism spectrum for a semester long commitment. The Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)classroom is an early intervention program that helps kids, starting at 18 months old, who are on the Autism spectrum with developing the social skills and awareness that they will need to succeed in the traditional classroom setting as they get older. All volunteers must pass a background check and attend an orientation session prior to starting.
Shifts are available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (multiple shifts per week preferred):
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (please specify which time period works best for your schedule)
- Special Needs
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours/week
- Volunteer Application, Background Check (over 18), Reference Form (under 18), orientation
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)...
- Hole-In-One! Golfing
- Music Moves!
- St. Louis Scene - Weekly Meet Ups!
- 20 Somethings Meet Up Group
- Become an All-Star! Softball...
- Walking Club!
- Aging With Empowerment
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!
- Adult Music Therapy
- Play Ball! Inclusive Softball...