The Techtronics Volunteer Assistant position works closely with lead and assistant ITEC instructors to help facilitate the Techtronics program offered by ITEC. Volunteer duties include, but are not limited to, having one-on-one interactions with ITEC students to help mentor students in STEM-based programming, including LEGO robotics, Game Design, Digital Media, Web Design, and Scratch Programming, and help lead/assistant tutor track student performance and progress throughout the program.
All iMath Volunteer Tutors must have excellent organizational skills and be capable of working with different computer applications, such as Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. If they are not overly familiar with these applications, but are capable with computers, we are willing to train them. Experience and background in science, technology, engineering, and/or math (STEM programming) is required.
Please note: This is an unpaid position for ITEC, but is eligible for volunteer hours if needed.
- Assist in teaching curriculum for a range of STEM based courses-Lego Robotics, App Design, Game Design, Digital Media, Web Design, and Scratch Programming.
- Help lead instructors with general classroom management.
- Distribute pre- and post-surveys.
- Take classroom attendance.
- Educational background in science, technology, engineering, or math.
- Experience working with children.
- Have an enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work in partnership with a team.
- Willing to learn new, innovative content.
- Child Development
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week, for entire semester