The iMath Volunteer Tutor position works closely with lead and assistant ITEC instructors to help facilitate the iMath program offered by ITEC. Volunteer duties include, but are not limited to, having one-on-one interactions with ITEC students to help mentor students in their math skills, and help lead/assistant tutor track student performance and progress throughout the program.
iMath Volunteer Tutors must be available between 3:30pm and 5:00pm on weekdays, and have previous experience working with children. Proficiency in basic-level math skills is also required
All iMath Volunteer Tutors must have excellent organizational skills and be capable of working with different computer applications, such as Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. If they are not overly familiar with these applications, but are capable with computers, we are willing to train them.
Please note: This is an unpaid position for ITEC, but is eligible for volunteer hours if needed.
- Use software and face-to-face tutoring to improve youths’ math skills.
- Act as a mentor.
- Track and report student performance.
- Available from 3:30pm-5:00pm, Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Experience working with children.
- Firm understanding of basic math concepts.
- Have an enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work in partnership with a team.
- Child Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4/week for entire semester