The ReStore depends on enthusiastic volunteers to keep cost low and help generate profit which directly impacts Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge. Whether you enjoy interacting with the customers or prefer to remain behind the scenes, chances are we have a volunteer opportunity fit just for you!
No retail experience is necessary, just a willingness to be a part of Habitat's mission!
Volunteer activities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers as they arrive into the ReStore
- Assisting and answering customer's questions about merchandise or ReStore policies.
- Inspecting and approving donations, ensuring they meet ReStore donation guidelines.
- Cleaning, organizing, and stocking merchandise display shelves and items.
- Maintaining departmental organization and cleanliness of aisles.
- Fixing or testing appliances, tools, machines, electronics, and light fixtures.
- Refurbishing or repairing furniture.
- Sorting through donations that are not sold to determine if they can be recycled.
- Pricing and tagging merchandise.
We typically schedule four hour shifts, but are very flexible! Volunteers are needed Tuesday through Saturday.
10300 Perkins Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
4301 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70805
Store Hours: Tuesday-Saturday
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge is a non-profit housing ministry that works in partnership with deserving, low income families and the community to eliminate poverty housing through building simple, decent homes.
The ReStores are Habitat for Humanity's home improvement retail stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, and building materials. Proceeds from the ReStores are used to help fund Habitat for Humanity's mission of building decent homes for those in need, and eliminating poverty housing in Baton Rouge.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexibility with Scheduling!