WAND: Advertising Manager
1 person is interested
The WAND is more than just a quarterly publication featuring the HPA’s current campaigns and recent accomplishments. It is also a powerful donor stewardship tool and a means of developing strong relationships with our most influential supporters and strategic partners. The Advertising Manager’s chief responsibility is to develop a permanent advertising strategy for the WAND. Working with the HPA’s Executive Director and the WAND’s Editor-in-Chief, the Advertising Manager will establish advertising content and monetary goals for each issue, recruit paid content from HPA partners and sponsors, and coordinate in-house advertising content for HPA programs, events, and merchandise. The Advertising Manager will also coordinate placement of content with the Layout Editor to ensure maximum impact.
- Develop and maintain paid and in-house advertising strategy for the WAND.
- Develop relationships with outside clients and pitch advertising opportunities as they arise.
- Work with HPA Staff to identify opportunities for program, event, and merch promotion within the WAND.
- Coordinate all aspects of confirmed paid and in-house content projects, including invoicing, content timelines, and placement within each issue.
- Grow the HPA’s base of advertising clients and cultivate strong business relationships.
- Participate in WAND strategy meetings and all-staff calls.
- Professional experience with advertising in print and/or online publications preferred; at minimum, relevant academic experience is required.
- Graphic design experience and access to Adobe creative suite preferred.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Understanding of the HPA, fan activism, and fandom communities.
- Ability to manage projects, monitor timelines, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Feel comfortable operating in a start-up environment and working with artists and weirdos.
- Passion for social justice, literature, and popular culture.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com if you are interested. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- a few hours per week