VP/Director Public Relations
11 people are interested
Human Health Project (HHP) envisions a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. HHP Programs are active and in development.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website:
Information on Programs active and in development https://tinyurl.com/HHP-Programs
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance brand identity
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow HHP to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization.
- Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting, planning and staff development
- Recruit and manage a communications team to support the development and execution of the communications strategy
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Manage, mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisal
- Help bring awareness and support for HHP's programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging