Lead Activities for Seniors in Spanish - Williamsburg Senior Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
Share your talents with JASA seniors who speak Spanish! JASA is looking for volunteers to lead groups of seniors in organized activities at Williamsburg Senior Center. Activities may include singing or music groups, political or current event discussions, crossword or puzzle groups, arts and crafts projects, fitness classes or anything else that will bring the people of the center together in an active and social way.
- Experience with seniors
- Experience/background in class topic required
- Relevant exercise certification required
- Fluent in Spanish
- Flexible scheduling is available with a minimum commitment of one day a week
- Ongoing opportunity
- Maintain professional behavior at all times and adhere to JASA’s volunteer policies
Founded in 1968, JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. JASA is one of New York's largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
247 W. 37th Street, 9th Floor, New York City, NY 10018, US
JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. Founded in 1968, JASA is one of New York’s largest and most-trusted agencies serving tens of thousands of older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
Day in and day out, JASA provides life sustaining programs for seniors and peace of mind for their families and friends, through:
* Adult Protective Services + Community Guardian
* Advocacy Training
* Affordable Housing
* Caregiver Support
* Case Management + Counseling
* Cultural + Educational Programs
* Elder Abuse Prevention
* Information + Referral Resources
* JASACare Home Care Services
* Legal Assistance
* Mental Health Services
* Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities (NORCs)
* Nutritious Home Delivered Meals
* Senior Centers
* Volunteer Activities
Without the help of our volunteers, over 1,000 strong, JASA simply would not be able to offer the wide range of high-quality services we provide to New York’s seniors. Whatever your interests and talents may be, we have a volunteer opportunity for you. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and all have one thing in common - they love to volunteer!
202 Graham AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11206
January 5, 2023
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- once a week, weekday business hours, ongoing