Girls on the Run DC welcomes qualified, 5K intern to join Girls on the Run - DC. Reporting to the Program Director, the intern will be primarily responsible for supporting 5K activities and operational efforts.
Candidates should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), detail oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should also be creative, adhere to deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written skills.
Responsibilities and Focus include:
- Inventorying - manage inventory 5K and program supplies
- Merchandise - oversee ordering and distribution for 5K and program tee shirts
- Bib preparation - race bib label prep and bib mailing to runners
- Vendor Procurement/5K orders/Printing - oversee all orders and QC as orders are received including printing
- Background Checks - ensure background checks are completed by volunteers and tracked accordingly
- Other Duties as Needed- post 5K flyers around the city and also obtain required business signatures
A background and knowledge of youth development and running is recommended, but is not necessary. Internship is unpaid, but can be used for college credit.
- February - June 3 rd (intern must be present for the 5K on Sunday, June 3rd).
- 6-8 hours per week.
If interested, please submit your cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Girls on the Run
Mission: Girls on the Run(r) is a life-changing, character development program for girls in 3rd through 8th grade. Our mission is to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living.
- Data Entry
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-8 hours a week